Create New Edge
The following steps will help you Create your New Edge on Fogwing Enterprise Cloud.
Note: Applicable to Admins and Tenants only.
Creating Edges within our platform enables you to consolidate real time data that invariably helps you store, process, monitor and trigger alerts. It is a simple process. In order to start, you need to have purchased Fogwing Enterprise Cloud and actively running it.
To Create a New Edge:
- 1.Login to your Fogwing Enterprise Cloud account.
- 2.After logging in, your home page will appear.
- 3.Toward the left side of the home page, click the Edge Network menu. A menu list will appear.
- 4.Select the second button that reads 'Edges' from the Edge Network menu list. Your Edge list view page will display.
- 5.On the top right side, you will find the 'Add' button. Select it.
- 6.Fill in the required fields and click submit button.
- 7.Your New Edge will be created and will appear in the edge list view page.
Upon clicking the submit button after filling the required fields you will be able to see a message that reads 'Successfully added 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' edge'.
Add Edge Device Page.
Once the latitude and longitude are provided by the user, auto location of edge device will be fetched.
Note: When you enter the required fields, make sure your MAC ID is unique. Your new edge will not be created failing to meet the requirement of a unique MAC ID. Duplication is not recognized. EUI ID will be generated as per MAC ID.